Published on 01 November 2011
- Code: PART-GR-RES-29
- Publication Date: 01 November 2011
- Country: GREECE
- Organization type: Research Center
- Organization description: National Documentation Centre acts as the Greek National Contact Point.
Partner Search details
- Programme / theme: Energy
- Topic: ENERGY.2012.8.8.1: Strategic sustainable planning and screening of city plans
- Call title / Funding scheme:
- Call deadline: 01/12/2011
- Project Title / Acronym: Eco-Districts
- Project Description: This project aims at creating an ambitious and innovative model for strategic sustainable urban planning following an ecological process based on the use of the City. It will set up a global rehabilitation process addressing a sustainable development approach.
The topics covered include the efficiency of energy flows, urban transports, parking, eco-mobility, waste management and the digital city in an ongoing effort to improve air quality, safety of people and goods and for the benefit of citizens for a modern and attractive city.
The proposed model is easily reproducible for cities of 100,000 to 200,000 inhabitants and will be implemented in the city of Acharnes that will act as a demonstrator for a wide dissemination to other similar towns in Greece and beyond.
The project will cover studies, the organisation of events (including conferences, meetings, workshops or seminars), the exchange and dissemination of good practices, the definition, organisation and management of joint or common initiatives.
This project will to take into account the dimension of the infrastructures necessary for the ecological use of means and resources and the needs expressed, in order to ensure the sustainable development of urban areas. A real platform for exchanges and proposals with a pilot site “first of a series” will be born for a large dissemination to other similar cities.
In this context the study of the implementation of "Eco Districts" will include:
- Eco-mobility Multi-service Centres
- Robotized economic and ecologic Car Parks
- Study on rehabilitation of the city center: mobility / transport / cycling / pedestrian areas, ...
- Waste collection
- Bioclimatic Interventions
- Organisation of underground electricity, telephony, water supply, sanitation networks, ...)
- Dynamic Signalization and citizen information system
- Partner Sougth / Expertise required: Municipalities or group of municipalities interested in applying such a model, with preferably a population of about 100.000 – 150.000 inhabitants.